Features of Pickering’s Cable Design Tool include:
- Designing unique cable assemblies graphically
- built-in collection of common cable sets.
This serves as a starting point for customization, or to define cables entirely from scratch.
- Add your own wires and connectors.
- Allows for highly specific design elements, such as the choice of connection types, wire types, pin definitions, labeling of pins and cables, cable bundling, length choice, sleeving, and comments.
- Export your designs to a datasheet pdf with cable assembly production documentation. BOM, pinouts, and other specifications are part of this, as well as product visualization.
- Storage and development of cable assemblies in the project manager
- Exchange designs with coworkers while maintaining security levels
- Design locking and version control with entire histories
- Messages and notes can be sent and received within the app to other users and directly to a Pickering engineer.